WHAT IS THE SPINECOR® BRACE?
The SpineCor® brace applied to the treatment of growing children and adolescents can:
- correct or stabilize scoliosis or hyperkyphosis.
The SpineCor® brace applied to the treatment of mature adults can:
- alleviate pain;
- improve posture;
- stabilize curvature progression and prevent spinal collapse.
HOW DOES SPINECOR® WORK?
The SpineCor® brace is mainly constituted of elastic bands attached to a pelvic base which serves as an anchor point.
The elastic bands are adjusted are on the body to create a corrective movement specific to the type of scoliotic or hyperkyphotic curvature.
When the patient moves, the tension in the elastic bands maintains the corrected posture and leads to
- overall postural reprogramming;
- the dynamic opening of curves;
- neuro-musculo-skeletal integration of the correction and;
- a re-balancing of the forces exerted on the spine.
The SpineCor® brace is made up of two parts:
- The first consists of the pelvic base (1) along with two crotch bands (2) and two thigh bands (3). It serves as a pelvic anchor point for the corrective elastic bands, allowing them to exercise their corrective action upon the patient’s trunk.
- The second consists of a vest (4) along with corrective elastic bands (5) designed for the application of corrective movement specific to scoliosis or another given spinal deformity.
Corrective band configuration will be unique to each patient and based on the their specific curvature.
It is strongly recommended that you wear a bodysuit under the SpineCor® brace.
- For hygienic reasons
- To reduce friction on skin
- To make going to the bathroom easier
ADVANTAGES OF THE SPINECOR® BRACE
- Preserves mobility and promotes activity (athletic or otherwise)
- Effective for correcting or stabilizing curve progression
- Reduces, and in some cases eliminates, pain
- Comfort, ease and discretion under clothes
- Improved posture and aesthetics
- Lasting results after treatment, especially if started early